SnapProtect – MySQL – Backup
Perform a Backup
After you have configured a server and a subclient, you are ready to perform your first backup.
The SnapProtect backup operation backs up the data of the entire server (entire datadir). The entire datadir of the server should reside on LUN or snappable logical volume (like LVM or ZFS).
Note: A symbolic link path for data directory is not supported for SnapProtect backup operation.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for running your first full backup immediately.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | MySQL | <Instance>.
Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Click Full as backup type and then select Immediate.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job to:
- Browse the database that was backed up.
- View Failed Items.
- Resubmit the job.
- View job details.
- View media associated with the job.
- View events associated with the job.
- View or send the log file that is associated with the job.
What Gets Backed Up
- MySQL system databases
- MySQL user databases
- Transaction logs
Note: Transaction logs are backed up during a traditional incremental backup operation that runs automatically after the SnapProtect backup is complete.
What Does Not Get Backed Up
- MySQL application files
- Operating system data