SnapProtect - NetApp - Advanced
Use the following steps to configure Selective Copy for SnapVault:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies
- Right-click the Storage Policy and then click Create New Snapshot Copy.
- From the Snap Copy Properties dialog box, select the following:
- In the Copy Name box, specify the snap copy name.
- Select the Selective Copy check box.
If you do not want the vault copy to be selective, clear the selective copy option.
- Select the Library and MediaAgent from the drop-down list.
- From the Protection Type, click Vault/Backup option.
The Selective Copy under Copy Information will become selected and the default selection rule is "All Fulls".
- Click the Copy Policy tab.
Click Specify Source for Auxiliary Copy and select the source copy (Primary-Vault).
- Click Selective Copy tab.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in the Auxiliary Copy schedule dialog box.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies | <Storage_Policy>.
The Selective Copy appears in the right pane of the CommCell Browser.
For further information on all other operations you can perform, such as Configuring Frequency of Backup and Managing Properties, see Selective Copy.