SnapProtect - Microsoft Hyper-V - Backup
After configuring the virtualization client and a subclient you are ready to perform your first backup.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for running your first full backup of a single virtual machine immediately.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <Virtualization Client> | Virtual Server | Hyper-V | defaultBackupset.
Right-click the Subclient and click Backup.
- Select Full as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
Once job is complete, view the details of job from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
- Virtual Machines
- VHD/VHDX files
- Snapshot files
- Configuration files for the virtual machines
- Metadata required for Granular recovery of files (NTFS and ext3 volumes only)
- Pass-through disks
- Windows Storage Spaces
- Virtual machines with:
- VHD files residing on SMB Shares or UNC locations
- UNICODE characters in the virtual machine name or mount path
- Hard links (only for disk-level backup)
- Virtual Hard disks with sector size of 4k bytes.
- Virtual Machine Smart Paging Files.
- Certain Virtual Machines in which Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) fails to create a shadow.
- Devices residing in a Guest Virtual Machine over iSCSI or vHBA.