SNMP Enablers - Configuration
To configure SNMP Traps, you must:
- Make sure that SNMP Services are started on the CommServe computer.
- Install the CommServe SNMP Enabler software on the CommServe computer. For information on installing the SNMP Enabler on the CommServe computer, see Install the CommServe SNMP Enabler.
- Check that the computers to receive the SNMP Traps are properly set up with the appropriate trap receiver software.
- Make sure that SNMP is selected as the notification method for the alert. See Generating Alerts.
- You can add additional computers to receive SNMP Traps. See Add Additional Computers to Receive SNMP Traps.
Depending on the SNMP protocol you are using, you can add additional computers to receive SNMP traps.
Once the CommServe SNMP Traps software is installed on the CommServe computer, you can add additional computers to receive SNMP Traps. Ensure the computer meets the following conditions:
- The computer must have a SNMP trap receiver program to receive SNMP traps and
- The computer can receive SNMP Traps and alerts from a CommServe without installing the CommServe software.
Follow the steps below to add additional computers to receive SNMP Traps:
- From the CommServe computer, navigate to Programs\Tools\Administrative Tools\Services.
- Right-click SNMP Services, then select Properties.
- From the Traps tab of the SNMP Service Properties dialog box, type the Community name and add Trap destinations from the Trap destinations pane.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Restart SNMP Services by right-clicking SNMP Services and by selecting Restart.
Follow the steps below to add additional computers using SNMP v3 to receive SNMP Traps:
- From Home tab of the CommCell Console toolbar, click Control Panel.
Click SNMPV3 Configuration.
- Click Add.
- Type the trap destination computer in the Host Name box.
Type the user name to access the trap destination in the User Name box.
Type the password for the above user account in the Password box and retype it in the Confirm Password box.
Select the data encryption algorithm used by the trap destination from the Encryption Algorithm drop-down list.
If you have set up additional privacy credentials, click the Privacy Credentials check box and do the following:
- Type the privacy password for the above user account in the Privacy Password box.
- Retype the password in the Privacy Confirm Password box.
- Select the data encryption algorithm from the Privacy Algorithm drop-down list.
- Click OK.
You may need to restart the SNMP Services.