Storage Policy - Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can backup data from any iDataAgent to a library attached to NAS file server. Perform the following to backup data to NAS attached library.
- Assign a storage policy with NAS attached library to the subclient.
- Ensure that all copies from the storage policy use the NAS attached library.
- Use the file servers provided by the same vendor for the A NAS client and the file server attached to the library.
- If the primary copy is configured to use additional data paths, ensure that the drive pools in all the data paths must point to the same type of file servers. Also, ensure that the drive pools of all the secondary copies, point to the same type of file servers.
- If a storage policy is utilizing a drive pool directly attached to a NAS file server, then ensure that the MediaAgent in the data path is connected to the file server.
If the MediaAgent used by the incremental storage policy is different than the MediaAgent used by the full storage policy, then you must perform one of the following:
- Ensure that the primary copies of the full storage policy and the incremental storage policy, are configured to use preferred data paths.
- In case of the round robin, the primary copies of the full storage policy and the incremental storage policy, must use the same data path.
You can display the hidden storage policies in the CommCell as follows:
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Media Management.
- Click the Service Configuration tab.
- In the Show hidden storage policies parameter, enter the Value 1 to enable.
- Click OK.
You can hide storage policies for specific users. When a user logs into a CommCell console only specific storage policies will be displayed. Follow the steps given below to hide the storage policies:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Security.
- Right-click the CommCell User Group, and then click New User Group.
The New User Group Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, specify the name of the group (for example, Storage Policy Management).
- Ensure that the Enabled checkbox is selected.
- Click the Capabilities tab.
Double-click Storage Policy Management to add it to the Assigned Capabilities list.
- Click the Users tab.
Double-click all applicable users to add them to the Member Users list.
- Click the Associated Entities tab.
- Expand Storage Policies. Select the applicable storage policies.
- Click OK.
When the assigned users log into the CommCell only the selected storage policies are displayed.