A Snapshot Copy provides the means to make additional copies of the snap Backup.
In the case of snap backups, the snapshot copy contains only the metadata information associated with the snapshot backup. A backup copy operation must be performed to replicate the data to the primary copy.
Create the Snapshot Copy with the steps below and run a backup copy operation to copy the data from the snapshot to the selected media.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Snapshot Copy for a Storage Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
Right-click the <Storage_Policy> and click All Tasks | Create New Snapshot Copy.
- Specify the following to create a Snapshot Copy:
- Type the Copy Name in the Copy Name box.
- From the Library list, select the name of Library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- From the Drive Pool list, select the name of a Drive Pool.
- From the Scratch Pool list, select the name of the Scratch Pool.
Drive Pool and Scratch Pool are not applicable for disk libraries.
- Click OK.
The newly created Snapshot Copy can be associated with the subclient from which the snap backup is performed. In this case, the Snapshot Copy acts as the primary copy and therefore will contain only the metadata information associated with the snapshot Backup.
The Snapshot copy appears in the right pane of the CommCell Browser.
- Once you created the Snapshot Copy, run a Backup Copy operation to copy the snap data to the selected media.