Generating an Export and Import Media List in a Comma Separated Value (CSV) File
You can configure a workflow for the Vault Tracker policies, to obtain a list of exported and imported media in a CSV format. This workflow can be configured for multiple Vault Tracker policies. After the workflow is configured, it runs automatically upon execution of the Vault Tracker policy.
About This Task
The following .CSV files are saved in a location specified while setting up the alert and are appended every time media is imported or exported:
Import media - importmedialist.csv
Export media - exportmedialist.csv
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have a Vault tracker policy configured to import and export media. For more information, see Creating a Vault Tracker Policy.
- Download and VaultTracker_ExportMediaListasCSV.xml from the www.cloud.commvault.com.
- Import the VaultTracker_ExportMediaListasCSV.xml workflow.
For more information on importing a workflow, see Workflow Operations - Import a Workflow.
- Deploy the workflow from the CommCell Browser.
For more information, see Deploying a Workflow.
- Add an alert to run the VaultTracker_ExportMediaListasCSV.xml workflow to get the list of imported or exported media as a CSV format as follows:
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click Home and then click Alert.
- From the Alerts dialog box, click Add.
- Type the alert name in the Display Name box.
- Select Media Management from the Category pane, and select VaultTracker from the Type pane, and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate policies, and then click Next.
- On the Threshold and Notification Criteria Selection window, select the Media Reached Destination check box, and then click Next.
Note: Make sure to clear all the other check boxes.
- On the Notification Type(s) Selection window enter the following details:
- Optionally to send email notifications, on the Email tab, click Select [Email] For notification.
- On the Workflow tab, click Select [Workflow] for notification.
- From the Workflow to run list, select VaultTracker_ExportMediaListasCSV workflow.
- Double-click the SaveToLocation field and enter the location where you want to save the CSV file and click Next.
- If you have selected to send email notification, on the Users and User Groups Selection window, select the users who should receive the email alert, and click Next.
- Verify the Summary and click Finish.
Execution of Vault Tracker Policy will trigger the workflow and a list of imported or exported media in the CSV format will be saved in the defined location.
Separate import and export CSV files will be created and will be appended with latest details whenever the alert is triggered.