Two-Factor Authentication (Administrator) - Configuring a Mail Server
You need to configure a mail server so the CommCell can send emails to users with the following details:
- Notification that Two-Factor Authentication has been enabled.
- The PIN number to access the CommCell.
If you already have a mail server configured in the CommCell, you can skip this section.
From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
In the Monitoring section of the Control Panel dialog box, click E-Mail & Web Server Configuration.
From the E-Mail & Web Server Configuration dialog box, click the E-Mail Server tab and enter the following information:
- The name of the mail server in the Mail Server box, for example, smtp.mailservername.com
- Optional: The mail server port in the Mail Server Port box (the default is 25)
- Optional: The mail server size limit in the Mail Server size limit box
- Optional: The sender name in the Sender Name box
- A valid e-mail address in the Senders Address box
- Click Test Mail to send a test e-mail.
- From the Test Mail Confirm message, click OK.
If you received the test e-mail, click OK to the success message. If you did not receive the e-mail, an error message appears.
Click OK to save the E-Mail Server configurations.
If you change the default SMTP port number or disable/enable the use of SSL, restart the Server Event Manager (EvMgrS) service in the CommServe computer. See Services for instructions on viewing and controlling services.