Two-Factor Authentication (Administrator) - Enabling Authentication
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- Under the Configure section, click System.
- In the System dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Select the Enable Two Factor Authentication check box.
If you configured the CommCell to allow domain users to log on using Single Sign On (SSO), then Two-Factor Authentication will not take effect on the domain users. We recommend you disable SSO for the respective domain controller.
- Click OK.
- Restart the SnapProtect services using the following steps:
- On the CommServe computer, click the Start button on the Windows task bar and then click All Programs.
- Navigate to SnapProtect and click Process Manager.
- In the Process Manager dialog box, right-click the All Services node and then click Restart.
To test that Two-Factor Authentication is working, log on to the CommCell Console.
- Launch the CommCell Console.
- From the Connect to CommCell window, enter your login credentials for the CommCell, and then click OK.
Your login fails because Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
- Click OK to close the Login Error message.
- Open the e-mail and copy the One Time Pin.
- Enter your login credentials again, but this time enter your password followed by the PIN in the Password box.
Do not add a space between your password and the PIN.
- Click OK.
You have successfully logged on to the CommCell Console.
- Notify CommCell users that the Two-Factor Authentication has been enabled on the CommCell.
Immediately after the message is displayed, an e-mail is sent to you with the PIN required to log on to the CommCell. This is a one time PIN, valid for the next 30 minutes.