Two-Factor Authentication (End-User) - Logging On Using a PIN
After the Administrator notifies you that Two-Factor Authentication is enabled on the CommCell, a password and a PIN are required to log on to the CommCell through the following interfaces:
- CommCell Console
- Web Console
- Command Line
- Mobile Applications such as CommVault Edge and CommVault Monitor
Before You Begin
You must acquire a PIN through email or through a PIN generating tool. For information on acquiring a PIN, see Two-Factor Authentication (End-User) - Acquiring a PIN.
- PINs acquired through email are valid for 30 minutes.
- PINs acquired through a PIN generating tool are valid for 30 seconds.
- Launch the CommCell Console.
- From the Connect to CommCell window, enter your credentials as follows:
- In the User Name box, enter your CommCell user name.
- In the Password box, enter your password followed by the PIN.
Do not add a space between your password and the PIN.
- Enter the CommCell name.
- Click OK.
You have successfully logged on to the CommCell Console.