Two-Factor Authentication - Obtaining a Secret Key
The secret key is a unique 16 character alphanumeric code that is required during the set up of the PIN generating tools. The secret key is issued through email by logging on to the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- Two-Factor Authentication must be enabled on the CommCell.
- This must be the first time you log on to the CommCell after Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
- Launch the CommCell Console.
- From the Connect to CommCell window, enter your login credentials for the CommCell, and then click OK.
Your login fails because Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
- Click OK to close the Login Error message.
- Open the email and copy the Secret Key.
Immediately after the message appears, an email is sent to you containing the secret key.
Note: This is a unique key which is only sent the first time you log on to the CommCell after Two-Factor Authentication is enabled. Save this email in your records. If your secret key is lost or compromised, contact your Administrator.
What to Do Next
Use the secret key to configure a PIN generating tool: