Tools - Executing Workflow Tool from the CommCell Console
You can create a quick access tool for an existing workflow in the CommCell Console. The tool can be executed directly from any associated CommCell component, such as Client, Client groups, or CommServe.
For example, you can create a tool for 'Check Readiness' workflow that can be accessed by any client in the CommCell Console (at the CommServe, MediaAgent and/or client level).
Use the following steps to create a quick access tool for Check Readiness workflow:
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- Under the Others section, click Quick Access Tools.
Alternatively, right-click the client computer, point to Tools and click Customize Tools.
- Click Add.
- In the Alias Name box, type Check Client Readiness. This is the name you will see in the CommCell Console.
- From the Tool Type list, select WORKFLOW.
- In the Workflow to run box, select the workflow name.
- In the Run workflow on box, select the workflow engine on which the workflow was deployed.
- In the Input group box, select the value $%CLIENT_NAME%$ for the client name input parameter.
%CLIENT_NAME% is a tokenized parameter which will automatically retrieve the hostname of the CommServe, MediaAgent or client computer from which .
- From the OS Type list, select All. This is by default selected.
If you want the tool to be accessed from windows or Unix only clients, select the corresponding OS Type.
- By default, the tool is associated to all clients in the CommCell. If you want to associate this tool to a specific client/MediaAgent, clear All and select the client from the Associate tool to list.
- Click Enable.
- By default, the input dialog is displayed when executing the workflow. If you want to skip the input dialog, select the Click Skip input dialog and execute workflow immediately checkbox.
- In the Description box, specify the usage of this workflow.
- Click the Security tab.
- By default the tool is only visible to you. To make the option visible to other users, select Public and move user groups to the Associated Groups box.
- Click OK.
- Review the new tool in the quick access tools list, and then click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to your client computer.
- Right-click the <client> and click Tools | Check Client Readiness.
The workflow is executed for the client in the CommCell Console.