User Account and Password Management - Getting Started
Several user accounts are used in the CommCell to perform various operations, for example, backup, network security, and protecting media. By default, user accounts and passwords are established during the initial installation or configuration of the respective CommCell component. Commvault user passwords are encrypted using a proprietary algorithm and transmitted or stored only in encrypted format. External (Active Directory) user passwords are not stored.
These accounts are easily managed from the CommCell Console. This is useful in the following scenarios:
- If you have an aging policy for passwords, you can change the password for an existing user.
If you need to update the user accounts of a former user for a new user (for example, a new administrator using the accounts of a former administrator).
You can manage storage array passwords using CommCell User Account Management.
The CommCell Administrator password is managed using the User Properties dialog box. For information, see Changing the CommCell Administrator Password.
Use the following steps to change the account credentials:
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- Under the Configure section, click User Account Management.
- In the User Account Management dialog box, enter the Current Credentials for the user account in the User name and Password boxes.
- Optional: If you want to update the current user name, in the New Credential section, select Change User name and enter a New User name.
- In the Password box in the New Credential section, enter the new password for the user account.
- In the Confirm Password box, re-enter the password.
- In the Notes box, specify the reason for the user account change.
- Click Preview to verify the accounts that will be updated.
- After verifying the accounts that will change (see preview sample below), click OK to close the window.
Any account that matches the user name specified above will be updated with the new credentials.
- From the User Account Management dialog box, click OK to perform the update.
- Optional: After clicking OK, verify the updated user accounts by running the Audit Trail report. Use the steps below to generate the report:
- On the CommCell Console toolbar, click the Reports button.
- From the Report pane, under CommServe, select GUI Audit Trail.
- Click Run.
The following is a report sample showing the account change details.