Virtualize Me for FreeBSD - Troubleshooting
The MediaAgent may become inaccessible in the following scenarios:
- DNS cannot resolve MediaAgent IP address
- You configure static IP address and DNS is not configured.
Configure the DNS in the Configuration tab of the Virtualize Me | Review Recovery Options dialog box if the NIC uses static IP.
Ensure that the hostname provided in the Advanced tab (if configured) resolves to the IP assigned to the NIC in the Configuration tab and that this hostname can be resolved and reached via the MediaAgent.
Virtualize Me Job fails and the virtual machine is deleted.
The Virtualize Me job may have failed in one of the many stages of the Virtualize Me or 1-Touch Recovery process.
Create the SkipDeleteVm additional setting to 1 on the CommServe computer and resubmit the Virtualize Me job. If the Virtualize ME job fails again, the virtual machine will display all the logs and errors that can be used for troubleshooting purposes.
If the physical machine has any mount points, the data on the mount point is restored. However, during the virtualization operation, the mount points are not created and mapped to the VM.
Manually map the mount points on the virtual machine.
An error popup came up on the vCenter console for the VM.
The VirtualizeME job could have failed in one of the many stages of the VirtualizeME/ 1-Touch Recovery process.
- Take a note of the error message.
- An alternate console for the VM can be accessed by hitting Alt-F2, Alt-F3, and so on.
- If additional logs are required, go back to the main console screen by hitting Alt-F1 and click OK to close the error window. This will trigger automatic log file collection. The collected log files will be saved in the /tmp/1touchclientlogs-<timestamp>.tgz file.
- This file can be copied over using scp, or by mounting an nfs share (use the -nolock option) and copying the file across.