Enabling Reply via Email for the UserInput Activity
To allow users to interact with a workflow by responding to an email, additional settings must be added. To configure the UserInput activity to allow email responses, see Available Built-In Activities: UserInput.
Important: If you change the value for any of these additional settings after they are configured, you must restart the Workflow engine.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click CommServe and then click Properties.
- In the CommCell Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, enter the details for the following additional settings:
Additional Setting Category Type Value WorkflowEmailApprovalEnabled CommservDB.GxGlobalParam BOOLEAN true WorkflowEmailApprovalHost CommservDB.GxGlobalParam STRING The name of the email server, for example: smtp.companymailserver.com. WorkflowEmailApprovalMailbox CommservDB.GxGlobalParam STRING The email address of the administrator who should receive the reply emails sent by the users. WorkflowEmailApprovalPassword CommservDB.GxGlobalParam ENCRYPTED The password for the email account used for the WorkflowEmailApprovalMailbox additional setting. WorkflowEmailApprovalFolder CommservDB.GxGlobalParam STRING The name of the email folder used to hold the reply emails sent by the users, for example, Inbox.
Tip: Create a new email folder specifically to hold the reply emails, and then create a rule in your email program to direct the reply emails to that folder.
- In the Name box, type the name of the additional setting.
- In the Category box, select the category.
- In the Type box, select the data type, for example, BOOLEAN.
- In the Value box, enter the value.
- Click OK and then click Add to add the next additional setting.
- After all of the additional settings are added, in the CommCell Properties dialog box, click OK.