Relocate MediaAgent Mount Path Workflow
The Relocate MediaAgent Mount Path workflow is a predefined workflow that enables you to move a mount path from one location to another location on the same MediaAgent.
By using this workflow, you can relocate deduplicated and non-deduplicated data residing on a mount path. This workflow supports only the relocation to a local mount path. You can download the workflow from the Software Store.
Use the Relocate MediaAgent Mount Path workflow in these scenarios:
- Move a mount path to another location that has more storage capacity
- Move a mount path to a faster disk media
This workflow automates the following operations:
- Validates the source mount path and the destination mount path.
- Copies the contents from the source mount path to the destination mount path.
Note: The Relocate MediaAgent Mount Path workflow might take longer time to copy the data as compared to the Windows file copy operation. It is because the workflow performs checksum verification of the data to make sure that the copied data is available for further backups and restore operations.
Supported Mount Paths
- A disk library with multiple disk devices
For example, a disk library “Lib1” with disk devices “Device_1” and “Device_2”
- Multiple disk devices pointing to the same path on the same disk library or on multiple libraries.
- Disk devices “Device_1” and “Device_2” pointing to path “D:\MP1” on disk library “Lib1”
- Disk devices “Device_1” and “Device_2” pointing to path “D:\MP1” on disk library “Lib1” and "Lib2" respectively
Unsupported Mount Paths
- A disk device configured as multiple mount paths on the same library or on multiple libraries.
- Path “D:\MP1” and “D:\MP1” on a disk library “Lib1” associated with disk device “Device_1”
- Path “D:\MP1” on disk library “Lib1”and path “D:\MP1” on disk library “Lib2” associated with disk device “Device_1”
Before You Begin
Before you move a mount path, ensure that you meet the following conditions:
- Review the Mount Path Configurations section before you proceed with the task.
- Do not move the mount path under the software installation directory.
- Ensure that the source mount path and the destination mount path are local paths.
- Ensure that the destination mount path is an empty folder. The move mount path operation overwrites the destination mount path.
- Ensure that the destination mount path is not a subfolder under the source mount path.
- No jobs are running on the device.
- The destination folder is empty and accessible by the MediaAgent.
- Ensure that the destination mount path folder has at least 5% more free space than the source mount path.
Users must have the following capabilities and permissions at the CommCell level to execute the workflow:
- Agent Management capability
- Administrative Management capability
- Provide user with MediaAgent management rights additional capabilities for libraries, data paths, and storage policies parameter
- Value is set to 1, then MediaAgent Management capability is required
- Value is set to 0, then MediaAgent Management and Library Management capability is required
- Permissions required to handle workflow operations:
- Job Management
To configure permissions, see Configuring Workflow Permissions.
- Install and deploy the RelocateMediaAgentMountPath workflow from the Software Store. For more information, see Download Workflows from Software Store.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Workflows.
- Right-click RelocateMediaAgentMountPath, and then click All Tasks > Execute.
The RelocateMediaAgentMountPath Options dialog box appears.
- On the Inputs tab, enter information about the workflow engine, MediaAgent, library, and the destination path.
Optional: If you want to receive workflow status email, enter the recipient’s email address.
- On the Job Initiation tab, select Immediate, and then click OK.
- A warning message appears confirming that the mount path move operation will overwrite the destination mount path folder if it is not empty, click OK.
- From the Choose MountPaths to Move box, select the source mount path that you want to move, and click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow jobs from the Job Controller. When the workflow is complete, if the email notification was set, the recipient receives an email notification on the workflow result.
Note: If the mount path move job fails for any reason or has been killed, you need to manually clean the data already copied to the destination mount path.
Perform the following checks after moving the mount path.
- Verify that the new mount path is online and accessible after the move.
Note: The new mount path may appear offline if the source mount path has run out of disk space prior to move mount path operation. You will have to wait until the next disk space update to see the new mount path online.
- You are recommended to perform a disaster recovery backup. See Performing a Disaster Recovery Backup for instructions.
- If there are any MediaAgents sharing the source mount path, modify the path to the new location for all MediaAgents that are sharing the device. For more information, see Modifying the Access Path for the MediaAgents.
Note: After successful completion of the job, the space on the source mount path will not be freed up. You need to manually clean up the space by deleting the old files and folders.