WORM Media - Configuration
Libraries with WORM Media can be configured using any of the tape library configurations.
- Direct-Attached Libraries
- Direct-Attached Shared Libraries
- SAN-Attached Libraries
- Stand-Alone Drives
- Blind Libraries
- IP Libraries (Like libraries attached to ACSLS Server)
After you configure the library, configure and manage WORM media in the library.
- Disable the option to discover media from the library automatically.
- During the library configuration, disable the automatic media discovery by clicking No in the Discover Media Options dialog box.
- If the library is already configured to discover media automatically, clear Enable Auto-Discovery of media into default scratch pool on the Media Usage tab of the Library Properties dialog box.
- From the CommCell Console, create new scratch pools for the WORM media.
See Creating New Scratch Pools for information about how to create new scratch pools.
- Manually discover the WORM media.
See Discover a Specific Media Within a Library for information about how to discover the media.
Ensure that all the media is moved to the scratch pool created for WORM media.
- Create new Storage Policies or reassociate existing Storage Policies to use the appropriate scratch pools.
- Assign appropriate subclients to these Storage Policies.
- From the CommCell Browser, click the MediaAgents icon.
All of the MediaAgents that are available in the CommCell appear in the right-pane of the CommCell Browser.
- Right-click the appropriate MediaAgent, and then click Properties.
- Click the Control tab.
- Click and choose the Automatically detect WORM Tape Media option to enable automatic detection. (Clear the option to disable it.)
- Click OK to save the configuration.