Register a CommCell
Registering a Remote CommCell Using the CommCell Console
You can manage one or more remote CommServe computers from your CommCell. If you need to manage the properties of a remote CommServe computer, you can register it as a client in your current CommCell.
Use the following steps to register a remote CommCell using the CommCell Console:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the <CommServe> node and then click All Tasks | CommCell Registration.
Click Add CommCell.
- Specify the following details for the remote CommCell:
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the credentials of the user account that has administrative rights to access the remote CommCell.
- In the CommCell Host Name box, type the host name of the remote CommCell computer.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to the success popup.
- The remote CommCell is displayed in the list of registered CommCells.
Click OK to close the CommCell Registration dialog box.
- The remote CommCell computer is displayed as deconfigured under Client Computers and Client Computer Groups.
You can reconfigure the remote computer by right-clicking the client, and then clicking All Tasks | Reconfigure.