Recover - Exchange Compliance Archiver Agent
We recommend that you perform a recover operation immediately after your first archive to understand the process.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | client | Exchange Compliance Archiver.
- Right-click the default backup set, and then click All Tasks | Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content.
- Expand the subclient and select the mailbox that you want to recover.
Click Recover All Selected.
- Click To PST File.
Click Browse to locate the path.
- Select the path and click Add.
Close the window.
- Append the path with the PST file name. Ensure to include the .pst file extension.
- Click the Job Initiation tab and select Immediate.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job from the Job Controller.
- Once the restore job has completed, right-click the Exchange Compliance Archiver and click View | Retrieve History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job and do one of the following:
- View Job Details.
- View Paths.
- View Events of the recover job.
- View or send log files of the restore job.
- Resubmit the job if the job is not too old.
- Import the PST file into Outlook.
This step is based on Outlook 2010. The steps and screen may be different if you are using another version of Outlook.
- Click File and then click Open.
- Click Import.
- Select Import from another program or file option and click Next.
- Under File Type, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Click Browse and choose the .pst that was restored and click Next.
- Choose to import the file to the current folder or choose another folder and click Finish.
When Import items into the same folder is selected, the data from the imported file will be added to the same folder in Outlook if the folder matches. If the folder doesn't match in Outlook, it will be created.