SnapProtect - Initiating a Vault or Mirror Copy for DB2
Before you begin, check whether you meet the following requirements:
- To use the NetApp SnapVault/SnapMirror feature, you must have the NetApp Snap Management license
- Set up the SnapVault/Snap Mirror protection type. For details about the setup, see Set up SnapVault or SnapMirror.
Follow the steps to initiate a Vault or a Mirror copy:
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
Right-click the storage policy and click All Tasks | Run Auxiliary Copy.
The AuxCopy Options dialog box appears.
- To configure the schedule pattern, on the Job Initiation tab, select Schedule and click Configure.
- In the Schedule Details dialog box, enter the schedule name and select the appropriate scheduling options, and click OK.
When the Vault or Mirror copy of the snapshot is created, you cannot re-copy the same snapshot to the Vault or Mirror destination.
If you created backup log files either by enabling the Backup Log Files on any subclient of the same backupset or by running a script on the command line, the DB2 full backup is copied to the selective copy specified in your storage policy after a one-hour delay.
If no backup log file job is run, the snap data will not be copied to selective copy and will have Log Link Pending status.