SnapProtect - Backup - DB2 MultiNode
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for performing your first SnapProtect backup:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <DB2 MultiNode Client> | <Instance> | <Backup Set>.
- Right-click the default DB2 MultiNode subclient and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options for Subclient dialog, click Full as backup type and then click Immediate. SnapProtect allows to perform only the full backups on DB2 MultiNode client. Click OK.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the DB2 MultiNode Subclient and select Backup History.
- On the Backup History Filter dialog, select the Backup Type, Job Status and optional Time Range. Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- MediaAgent associated with the job
The total number of files is displayed as 0 for an SnapProtect backup.
What Gets Backed Up
DB2 DPF or DB2 pureScale database objects
DB2 DPF or DB2 pureScale Online Log files
What Does Not Get Backed Up
DB2 DPF or DB2 pureScale application files associated with the installation operating system data.
Use the File System iDataAgent to back up the above mentioned components.