Backup - Exchange Database Agent
What Is Backed Up
- Exchange Database data
- Information and Public Folder stores
- Transaction Logs
What Is Not Backed Up
Use the Windows File System iDataAgent to back up the following data types.
- System State Data
- Active Directory Data
- Personal Information Stores
- Personal Address Books
- Offline Folders
- Disable Circular Logging on the Exchange Server.
- Ensure that the Storage Group / Database name does not contain "+" in it
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Exchange Database.
Right-click the <subclient> and click Backup.
- Select Full as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once job is complete, view the details of job from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job to:
- View job details, such as the number of mailboxes backed up.
- View media associated with the job.
- View events associated with the job.
- Resubmit the job.
- View messages that were backed up.
- Send the log file that is associated with the job.