Advanced Configuration - Exchange Offline Mining Tool (Administrator)
You can provide certain users with the ability to view all mailboxes as follows:
- Log on to the computer with Exchange Offline Mining Tool and Active Directory installed.
Navigate to Start and click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Right-click Users, point to New and then click Groups.
Enter exchangedbmineadmins in the Group Name box.Under Group Type select Security.
- Navigate to Start and click Active Directory Users and Computers.
Select Users.In the right-pane select a user or group of users, right-click and select Add to a group...
From the Locations... tab, browse to the exchangedbmineadmins group in the From this location box.Click OK.
By default, the Exchange Offline Mining tool uses the language setting of the computer where the tool is installed. You can change the setting to a different language.
- Log on to the computer where the Exchange Offline Mining tool is installed.
- Open the EvMgrCHost file that is located in the software_installation_directory\MiningToolExchange.
- Add the line lang=language_code.
Where language_code is one of the following:
- fr-fr (French - France)
- fr-ca (French - Canada)
- es-es (Spanish - Spain)
- es-mx (Spanish - Mexico)
- de-de (German - Standard)
- it-it (Italian)
- ja-jp (Japanese)
- ru-ru (Russian)
- zh-cn (Chinese - Simplified)
- en-us (English - United States)
For example, add the following line to change the language setting to Spanish used in Spain.
- Save the EvMgrCHost file.
Database snapshots created with SnapProtect can be used for offline mining.
If you have not previously used SnapProtect to back up your databases, perform the following tasks:
- Configure the Microsoft Exchange Database iDataAgent. See Microsoft Exchange Database Configuration for more details.
- Perform a SnapProtect backup of the Exchange Database iDataAgent. See SnapProtect - Exchange Database iDataAgent - Backup for more information.
Once you have the database snapshot, configure the database as described in the following sections.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client>.
- Right-click Exchange Database and click All Tasks | List Snaps.
- Right-click the snapshot that you wish to mount and click Mount.
To select multiple snapshots, press the Shift key and select the snapshots to be mounted.
- Click Yes.
- In the Mount Path dialog box, specify the destination client and the path on the client in the Destination Client and Destination Path fields.
On a Windows platform, enter a CIFS Share Name for the Agent.
- If you do not wish to save any changes made to the mounted snapshot after the snapshot is unmounted, select Protect Snapshot during mount.
For Windows-based agents, select Protect Snapshot during mount to ensure that the changes made to the snapshot while it is mounted are not retained when you unmount the snapshot. By selecting this option, the snapshot is usable for future snap operations (restore, backup copy, etc.). If this option is disabled, changes made to the snapshot while it is mounted are retained after the snapshot is unmounted. As a result, you cannot use the snapshot for snap operations.
- Click OK.
- Log on to the computer on which the Exchange Offline Mining Tool is installed.
Navigate to the Destination path, where the snapshot is mounted.
Copy the .edb/.stm log and .dll files to a location from where the Exchange Offline Mining Tool will access these files.Navigate to Start | All Programs | <software> folder.
Click Exchange Database Mining Tool.
- Click the Exchange menu and then click New.
- Browse or enter the location of the .edb files in the Exchange EDB Path box.
For Exchange 2003, browse or enter the location of .stm files in the Exchange STM Path box.
Click OK.Repeat this step to register additional databases.
- Click the Exchange menu and then click Save.
- Browse or enter the location of the Configuration File to be exported.