Troubleshooting - Exchange Offline Mining Tool (Administrator)
How can I find the reason for restore failure with Exchange Offline Mining Tool?
You can view the dbminetool log available in the log files directory.
Unable to open Exchange Database.
- The database may be in dirty shut-down mode.
- The tool will automatically ask for the location of the log files.
- Provide the location of the log files.
- The tool will replay the log files on the Exchange database to bring it in to Clean Shutdown mode. The database will then be available to open.
- If the logs cannot be replayed, the tool will automatically perform a hard repair on the database. The database will then be available to open.
Where do I check for the reason behind restore failure?
It is good practice to examine the Windows Application Event Log and look for Exchange environmental or configuration issues that may have caused the job to fail.
You might get the above mentioned error message while registering database for Exchange Server 2013.
To resolve this issue run the following defragmentation command:
Eseutil /d [edb file path]
Example: Eseutil /d “E:\Mailbox\MDB01\MDB01.edb”