Enabling Data Cataloging for Reports - Exchange Database Agent
About This Task
You can create reports from data cataloged during a full backup job, or configure the File Level Analytics Report to display some of the cataloged data. In order to create or view reports, you must enable data cataloging on an Exchange Database Agent. Reports can be generated from the data cataloged during a backup job. After the backup job runs, the cataloged data is stored.
Before You Begin
The File System Advanced agent must be installed on the client in order for the data cataloging option to appear. The data cataloging option does not appear on clients that are installed only with File System Core.
To enable data collection:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | client.
- Right-click Exchange Database, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Enable SRM feature.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
Run a full backup job to collect data for reports. For instructions, see Full Backup.
- In order to view reports based on the collected data, you must create a report with the Custom Reporting feature. For more information, see Transition from Primary Storage Reports to Custom Reporting.
- The File Level Analytics Report can display the additional data collected by subclients. For more information, see File Level Analytics Report.