SnapProtect - Getting Started - Exchange Database Agent
- When you use a proxy configuration, you must also install the Exchange management tools on the proxy. In addition, make sure that the version of Exchange management tools is the same as the version of the Exchange Server.
- When you perform an Integrity Check on Exchange 2010 DAG subclients, you must use a proxy. You can use one of the following as the proxy:
- DAG member server
- A separate computer with connectivity to the Exchange Server and with the ability to mount the snapshots
Configuring the Client
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | client.
- Right-click the client, and then select Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | client | Exchange Database.
- Right-click the default subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Storage Device tab, and then select the appropriate storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Click the SnapProtect Operations tab, and then select the SnapProtect check box.
- Select the appropriate engine from the Available Snap Engines list.
- Select the appropriate MediaAgent from the Use Proxy list.
This is the MediaAgent that is used to perform the SnapProtect and backup copy operations.
When you perform an SnapProtect backup using a proxy, make sure that the operating system on the proxy server is either same version or later than the operating system on the client computer.
- (Optional) If you want to perform the backup copy operations on a different MediaAgent, select the Use Separate Proxy for Backup Copy check box, and then select the appropriate MediaAgent from the Proxy list.
- Click the Contents tab.
- Click Configure.
The Add/Modify Subclients for Exchange Database dialog box appears.
- Specify the content for the subclient.
- Click OK.
Skip the following section if you already created a snapshot copy.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Snapshot Copy for a Storage Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
Right-click the <Storage_Policy> and click All Tasks | Create New Snapshot Copy.
- Specify the following to create a Snapshot Copy:
- Type the Copy Name in the Copy Name box.
- From the Library list, select the name of Library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- From the Drive Pool list, select the name of a Drive Pool.
- From the Scratch Pool list, select the name of the Scratch Pool.
Drive Pool and Scratch Pool are not applicable for disk libraries.
- Click OK.
The newly created Snapshot Copy can be associated with the subclient from which the snap backup is performed. In this case, the Snapshot Copy acts as the primary copy and therefore will contain only the metadata information associated with the snapshot Backup.
A backup copy operation provides the capability to copy snapshots of the data to any media. It is useful for creating additional standby copies of data and can be performed during the SnapProtect backup or at a later time.
Follow the steps given below to configure Backup Copy for moving snapshots to media.