SnapProtect - Restore - Exchange Database Agent
Perform a Restore
As restoring your backup data is very crucial, it is recommended that you perform a restore operation immediately after your first full backup to understand the process.
The following sections explain the steps for restoring a single database to a different client computer.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
- Right-click the <storage policy> and click Properties.
- Click the Copy Precedence tab.
By default, the snapshot copy is set to 1 and is used for the operation.
You can also use a different copy for performing the operation. For the copy that you want to use, set the copy precedence as 1.
- Click OK.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Exchange Database.
Right-click the Agent and then click All Tasks | Browse and Restore.
- Click the Advanced Options and click View Content.
- Select the Microsoft Information Store in the left pane. Select a database in the right pane.
Click Recover All Selected.
- Select the name of the client computer from the Destination Client list.
This client should not be the same client on which the database originally resided.
Click ... under Out of Place Location column.
Select a folder on the destination client and click OK.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller.
- The database is restored to the directory and client that was specified.
If you want to further explore this agent's features read the Advanced sections of this documentation.