Backup Troubleshooting - Exchange Public Folder Agent
Some items are displayed consistently in the Items That Failed list when running the Job History Report. These items are locked by the operating system or application and cannot be opened at the time of the backup operation.
Filter the files that appear in the Items That Failed list consistently on the backup Job History Report, and then exclude those files or folders during backup to avoid backup failure.
Backup jobs from Exchange Public Folder iDataAgent will be displayed as "Completed w/ one or more errors" in the Job History in the following cases:
- Cannot open a folder
- Cannot get hierarchy of a folder
- Cannot seek beginning row of a folder
- Cannot get list of messages in a folder
- Cannot backup folder content.
If a profile logon fails during the backup and archiving process, the Client Access Server (CAS) name changes. This occurs regardless of whether it is the default CAS name, or the CAS name defined in the sCASServerName additional setting (Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010) or in the sHTTPProxyServer registry key (Exchange 2013 for Public Folder agents, and Exchange 2013 or later for Mailbox agents).
Enable the nDontDeleteExchangeAutoDiscoverKeys additional setting to keep the CAS name intact.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Additional Settings tab.
- Click Add.
The Add Additional Settings dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type nDontDeleteExchangeAutoDiscoverKeys.
- In the Value box, type 1.
- Click OK.