Configuration - Exchange Public Folder iDataAgent
Once the Microsoft Exchange Public Folder iDataAgent is installed, configure a backup set and subclient to facilitate backups.
- Open CommCell Console.
- Navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Exchange Public Folder | defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the default subclient and then click Properties.
- In Subclient Properties dialog box:
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Browse.
- Select a folder and click Add.
- Click Yes, then click Close.
- Click OK.
- Click the Storage Devices tab.
- Select a Storage Policy.
- Click OK.
Proceed to the Backup page.
If you do not have Storage Policy created, click Create Storage Policy and proceed to the next step.
- Perform the following steps to create a storage policy.
- Click Create Storage Policy.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the Storage Policy Wizard. The required options are mentioned below:
- Select the Storage Policy type as Data Protection and Archiving and click Next.
- Enter the name in the Storage Policy Name box and click Next.
- From the Library list, click the name of a disk library to which the primary copy should be associated and then click Next.
Ensure that you select a library attached to a MediaAgent operating in the current release.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of a MediaAgent that will be used to create the primary copy and then click Next.
- For the device streams and the retention criteria information, click Next to accept default values.
- Select Yes to enable deduplication for the primary copy.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of the MediaAgent that will be used to host the Deduplication database (DDB).
In the Location box, type the name of the folder in which the DDB must be located or click the Browse to select the folder, and then click Next.
- Review the details and click Finish to create the Storage Policy.