Advanced Backup Options (Media)
You can select advanced backup media options for the operation. Note that all the options described in this help may not be available and only the options displayed in the dialog box are applicable to the agent or enabler for which the information is being displayed.
Start New Media
This option starts the backup/migration/archive operation on a new media, which causes the following to occur:
- If removable media is used, the current active media is marked as Appendable and a new media is used for the backup/migration/archive.
- If disk media is used, a new volume folder is created for the backup/migration/archive.
If cleared, the operation automatically uses the current active media or volume.
This option marks media full, 2 minutes after the completion of the backup/archive operation. If any jobs are initiated within the 2 minutes, they are allowed to write to the media. If the job was associated with the prior media, new media (such as a new tape) will be used for subsequent jobs. (Applies to all backup/archive types.)
Allow other Schedule to use Media Set
This option allows jobs that are part of a schedule policy or schedule and using a specific storage policy to start a new media and also prevent other jobs from writing to the set of media. It is available only when the Start New Media and Mark Media Full options are enabled, and can be used in the following situations:
- When one scheduled job initiates several jobs and you only want to start new media on the first job.
- When you want to target specific backups to a media, or a set of media if multiple streams are used.
Skip Metafile Creation
Select this option to skip metafile creation, if you do not need the file level restore capability.
Release Resources During Meta Data Collection
Specifies that the reserved media will be released while the system is collecting the metadata for the data protection operation.
Extend Job Retention
- Infinite: Select this option to retain this job indefinitely.
- Number of Days: Select this option to prune this job after the number of days specified.
- Storage Policy Default: Select this option to apply the retention rules of the associated storage policy, which is the default option.