IBM i File System Agent Subclient Properties of <subclient name> (Save While Active)
Note: These options only apply to library file systems.
Use this dialog box to determine whether a user can update an object while the object is being saved.
- Select this option when you do not want to save the objects that are in use.
- Select this option when you need to save the objects in a library while they are used by another job. All of the objects reach a checkpoint at the same time and are saved in a consistent state in relationship to each other.
- This option is only available when you have custom subclient content that contains libraries.
- Select this option when you want to have all the objects and libraries that are part of the save operation reach a checkpoint together and be saved in a consistent state in relationship to each other.
- When you select this option, the software makes the Backup library content(s) as objects check box unavailable.
Note: You cannot specify more than 32 libraries.
When you synchronize a backup, the software:
- Starts the synchronization by using the "STRSAVSYNC" command
- Sends messages that are related to synchronization to the message queue (when this is selected)
- Runs a command after the synchronization completes (when this option is specified)
- Saves the objects and libraries that are part of the save operation when they reach a checkpoint together in a consistent state
- Save active wait time (seconds)
- If you selected the *LIB option, this is the time that the backup operation wait for an object that is in use, or for transactions that have a pending change to reach a commit boundary before it continues the save operation.
- Valid values: 0-99999
- If you selected the *SYNCLIB option, this is the time that the backup operation waits for an object that is in use, or for transactions that have a pending change to reach a commit boundary before the backup operation continues the save operation.
- Valid values: 0-99999
- The default is 600 seconds.
- Synchronization queue
- This is an optional parameter. You can select this option to specify the message queue that the save operation uses to notify the user that the checkpoint process for a library is complete.
- The format must be "<Library_Name>/Message_Queue>" (for example, QGPL/SYNCQ).
- Command to be run when libraries are synchronized
- This is an optional parameter. You can specify the command path that the software runs when the libraries that are in the subclient content reach the synchronized checkpoint, for example "/QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB/SYNC.CMD".