SnapProtect - Configuration - Notes Database iDataAgent
Configuring an Instance
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | client | Notes Database | instance.
- Right-click the default subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Storage Device tab, and then select the appropriate storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Click the SnapProtect Operations tab, and then select the SnapProtect check box.
- Select the appropriate engine from the Available Snap Engines list.
- Click the Content tab, and then select a database from the Database List.
- Click OK.
Skip the following section if you already created a snapshot copy.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Snapshot Copy for a Storage Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
Right-click the <Storage_Policy> and click All Tasks | Create New Snapshot Copy.
- Specify the following to create a Snapshot Copy:
- Type the Copy Name in the Copy Name box.
- From the Library list, select the name of Library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- From the Drive Pool list, select the name of a Drive Pool.
- From the Scratch Pool list, select the name of the Scratch Pool.
Drive Pool and Scratch Pool are not applicable for disk libraries.
- Click OK.
The newly created Snapshot Copy can be associated with the subclient from which the snap backup is performed. In this case, the Snapshot Copy acts as the primary copy and therefore will contain only the metadata information associated with the snapshot Backup.
A backup copy operation provides the capability to copy snapshots of the data to any media. It is useful for creating additional standby copies of data and can be performed during the SnapProtect backup or at a later time.
Follow the steps given below to configure Backup Copy for moving snapshots to media.