Backup - MySQL iDataAgent
|Deployment - Windows||Deployment - UNIX||Deployment - Cluster||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
After you have configured a server and a subclient, you are ready to perform your first backup.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for running your first full backup immediately.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | MySQL | <Instance>.
Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Click Full as backup type and then select Immediate.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job to:
- Browse the database that was backed up.
- View Failed Items.
- Resubmit the job.
- View job details.
- View media associated with the job.
- View events associated with the job.
- View or send the log file that is associated with the job.
What Gets Backed Up
- MySQL system databases
- MySQL user databases
- Transaction logs
What Does Not Get Backed Up
- MySQL application files
- Operating system data
- MySQL Server database name "information_schema"
- MySQL Server database name "performance_schema"
Use the File System iDataAgent to back up the above mentioned components.