Restore - MySQL iDataAgent
|Deployment - Windows||Deployment - UNIX||Deployment - Cluster||Configuration||Backup||Restore|
As restoring your backup data is very crucial, it is recommended that you perform a restore operation immediately after your first full backup to understand the process. The following section explain the steps for restoring a database.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | MySQL.
Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
- Click the Advanced Options tab.
Select the MediaAgent that was used during the storage policy creation from the Use MediaAgent drop-down list. This MediaAgent should be the one you installed along with your agent.
Click View Content.
- In the right pane of the window, select one or more databases that you wish to restore.
Click Recover All Selected.
- Click Browse to select Staging Location.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller.
- Once the restore job has completed, right-click the agent or <Instance>, point to View and click Restore History.
- Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- View Restore Items - You can view them as Successful, Failed, Skipped or All.
- View Job Details
- View Events of the restore job.
- View and send Log files of the restore job
- Resubmit the restore job
- Once the files are restored, verify that the restored files and folders are available in the restore destination provided in step 4.
mysql> show databases;
| Database |
| mysql |
| performance_schema |
| test |
Congratulations - You have successfully completed your first backup and restore.
If you want to further explore this Agent's features read the Advanced sections of this documentation.