SnapProtect – HP EVA - MySQL iDataAgent
|Overview||Deployment - Unix||Configuration||Select Storage Array|
|Backup||Vault or Mirror Copy||Backup Copy||Restore|
Snapshot and Clone licenses for the HP Business Copy EVA
On the HP EVA array, ensure the following:
- HP SMI-S EVA on Server
- Command View Version 9.1 , 9.3
Set Up the HP SMI-S EVA
The following steps provide the necessary instructions to setup the HP EVA:
- From the Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) website, download the HP Storage Management Initiative Specification Enterprise Virtual Array (SMI-S EVA) and the HP Command View EVA software on a supported server.
- Run the Discoverer tool located in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\mpxManager\SMI-S\EVAProvider\bin folder to discover the HP-EVA arrays.
- Use the CLIRefreshTool.bat tool to sync with the SMIS server after using the Command View GUI to perform any active management operations (like adding new host group or LUN). This tool is located in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\mpxManager\SMI-S\CXWSCimom\bin folder.
Set Up the Array Information
Provide the identification information for the array to ensure access.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for setting up the array information.
- From the CommCell Browser, click the Storage tab and then click the Array Management icon.
- In the Array Management dialog box, click Add.
- Select HP EVA from the Snap Vendor list.
Specify the World Wide Name of the array node in the Name field.The World Wide Name (WWN) is the serial number for the HP EVA storage device. See the screenshot below for a WWN example.
The array name must be specified without the dashes used in the WWN e.g., 50014380025DEB70.
In the Control Host box, type the name of the management server of the array.
Ensure that you provide the host name and not the fully qualified domain name or TCP/IP address of the host.
Click Change and enter the access information of a user with administrative privileges in the Username and Password fields in Enter User Name and Password dialog box.
The user must be member of HP Storage Admins group.
Use the Description field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.
- Click the Snap Configuration tab and configure the following:
Storage Device Group: Specify the name of the hardware disk group created on the array to be used for snapshot operations.
Use Devices only from this Group: Select this option to use only the snapshots devices available in the device group specified in Storage Device Group.