SnapProtect – IBM XIV - MySQL iDataAgent
|Overview||Deployment - UNIX||Configuration||Select Storage Array|
|Backup||Vault or Mirror Copy||Backup Copy||Restore|
On IBM XIV, ensure the following:
- The location of XCLI in the environment and system variable path is set
On the client and proxy computers:
- IBM XCLI (2.3 or higher) is installed
On UNIX computers, XCLI version 2.4.4 should be installed.
- If XCLI is installed on a client or proxy, the client or proxy should be restarted after appending XCLI location to the system variable path. You can use the XCLI_BINARY_LOCATION additional setting so that you do not need to restart the computer.
Set Up the Array Information
Provide the identification information for the array to ensure access.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for setting up the array information.
- From the CommCell Browser, click the Storage tab and then click the Array Management icon.
- In the Array Management dialog box, click Add.
- Select IBM XIV from the Snap Vendor list.
Specify the 7-digit serial number for the array in the Name field.The System ID (S/N) is the serial number for the IBM XIV storage device. See the screenshot below for reference.
In the Control Host box, type the IP address or host name of the array.
Click Change and enter the access information of a user with administrative privileges in the Username and Password fields in Enter User Name and Password dialog box.
User to be able to perform the following:
- Create snapshots and duplicates, map, unmap, revert and delete snapshots
- Create a host and assign initiators to a host.
Use the Description field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.
Click OK to save the information.