SnapProtect - Restore - Infinite Volume Backup Support Using CIFS
Perform a Restore
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers| <Client> | File System | defaultBackupSet
Right-click the subclient and then click Browse and Restore.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- In the Restore Options dialog box, click View Content.
- In the subclient tab, expand the defaultBackupSet and navigate to the folder you will restore.
Click Recover All Selected. The Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box appears
- In the Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box, specify the destination path by clicking the Browse button and click OK.
If you are restoring to a UNC path from an infinite volume to a non-infinite volume, there might be an issue with the access permissions for restored data.
To avoid the issue, select the Restore Data Only option.
- If you are restoring to UNC path, then: In the Impersonate NT User dialog box:
Enter the User Name in the User Account box
Enter the Password in the Enter Password box.
Confirm the password in the Confirm Password box.
- Use the same credentials for all subclients created on your CommCell Console. If you plan to use different credentials, the file server must have access to those credentials.
- Make sure that the impersonate user credentials has read and write permissions to the data residing on the CIFS share.
- In the Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box, click the Job Initiation tab.
Select Immediately to run the job immediately and click OK.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
- Once the restore job is complete, right-click the defaultBackupSet , point to View, and then click Restore History.