Backup Options for Oracle
The SnapProtect software provides different options for Oracle Backups. These can be used based on business needs and database configuration"
- Disable RMAN warnings.
- Validate the backup job.
- Replace a customized RMAN script with the default generated from the selected CommCell Console options.
- Enable multiple backup copies.
- View the Oracle RMAN backup pieces.
- Customize the Oracle backup piece format.
- Configure the Oracle RMAN backup piece format.
- Limit the number of backup jobs.
- Relink the Oracle SBT library.
- Use PARMS on the allocate channel command.
- Prevent RMAN backups from being deleted by users, so the data aging rules can be used.
- Change the time format in RMAN logs for easier debugging.