Protecting the Oracle Flash Recovery Area on the CommCell
The Oracle Flash Recovery Area (FRA) is a specific area in the disk storage that exclusively holds a copy of all backup-related components, including image copies, redo logs, and control file auto backups.
This feature, configured for a subclient, facilitates faster restores of backup data and minimizes restores from tapes during restore operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
- On the Content tab of the Subclient Properties dialog box:
- Select the Protect backup recover area check box.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.