Enabling CommCell Console Authentication of Oracle Third Party Command Line Restore Jobs
You can use this additional setting to have the CommCell Console authenticate RMAN restore jobs to ensure that the user has the correct credentials and has included a valid token file in the job request.
When this additional setting is enabled, the user that initiates the third party command line backup and restore job is displayed in the job manager and reports.
Best Practice: Inform users that when they use third party command line operations, they must use qlogin (with the -f and -u options) to generate a token file and then supply the token file in the third party command line operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click CommServe node and then click Properties.
- In the CommCell Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, enter the details for the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type EnableQcmdAuthenticationForRmanRestores.
- In the Category box, select CommServDB.GxGlobalParam.
- In the Type box, select Integer.
- In the Value box, type 1 to have the CommCell Console authenticate jobs.
- Click OK to close the Add Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the CommServe Properties dialog box.