Ignoring the CommCell Console Instance Name
Use this additional setting when you have renamed a CommCell Console Oracle instance to a name that is greater than 18 characters and the name is also different from the Oracle database instance name.
This additional setting causes the SnapProtect software to ignore the configured instance name and allow the backup operation to continue.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client and then click Properties.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, enter the details for the additional settings:
- In the Name box, type sORASKIPINSTANCENAMECHECK.
- In the Category box, select OracleAgent.
- In the Type box, select String.
- In the Value box, type Y.
- Click OK to close the Add Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Properties dialog box.