Managing Oracle Log Files on a Subclient
Use this procedure to configure the following archive log options for archive log enabled subclients.
- Delete archive redo logs after the backup. You must backup the archive logs before deleting them.
- Disable the log switch for log file subclients. Use a log switch to make the current redo log inactive and available for maintenance.
- Specify the archive log file backup location.
- Specify the locations from where archive logs are deleted from after the backup completes.
Note: The archive delete option on the subclient is ignored when the delete option is selected on the advanced options for the backup job. For more information on configuring the log options for a specific job, see Managing Logs for an Oracle Backup Job.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
- On the Logs Backup tab of the Subclient Properties dialog box, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- Select the Archive Delete check box to delete the archived redo logs after the backup.
- Select the Disable Switch Current Log check box to disable log switching for the current redo log. This option is only available for log subclients.
- To specify the location where the logs are backed up.
- Select the ArchiveLog Destinations for Backup check box and click Add.
- On the Select an Archive Log Destination dialog box enter the full directory path where backed up archive logs will be stored.
- Click OK to close the Select an Archive Log Destination dialog box.
- To delete archive logs from a particular location after the backup:
- Select the DeleteArchiveLog Destinations for Delete check box.
- Click Yes to close the warning message.
- In the Confirmation dialog box, type confirm and click OK and click Add.
- On the Select an Archive Log Destination for Deletion dialog box, enter the full directory path where backup logs are deleted from after the backup completes.
- Click OK to close the Select an Archive Log Destination for Deletion dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.