SnapProtect - Restore - Oracle
Perform a Restore
As restoring your backup data is very crucial, perform a restore operation immediately after your first full backup to understand the process.
Configure the SnapProtect Copy Precedence.
- From the CommCell Browser navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
- Right-click the <storage policy>, point to All Tasks, and click Properties.
- On the Copy Precedence tab of the Storage Properties dialog box, move the SnapProtect Storage Policy Copy to the top by clicking the Copy Name and using the up arrow icon to move it.
Perform the restore.
- From the CommCell Browser navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle.
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
- On the Restore Options dialog box, click View Content.
- In the right pane of the Browse window, click the <Instance>, select all entities and then click Restore All Selected.
- On the Restore Options dialog box, select the Use Snap Restore check box and click Advanced.
- On the Options tab of the Oracle Advanced Restore Options for Client dialog box:
- Select None in the Reset Logs.
- Select the Switch Database mode for Restore check box.
- Click OK.
- On the Restore Options dialog, click OK.
- Monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller.
Congratulations - You have successfully completed your first backup and restore.
If you want to further explore this Agent's features read the Advanced sections of this documentation.