Blocking the Software from Updating the Customized RMAN Script
When you perform a full or incremental backup on a subclient that has the table browse option enabled and the job is killed or fails, the software converts a subsequent incremental job to full. If you used a customized RMAN script for the incremental backup, the software adds the "incremental=1" line to the script. If the previous job failed, the software automatically changes the line to “incremental level=0” to convert the job to a full backup.
Set sDISABLE_INRC_LEVEL_UPDATE to Y, to block the software from updating the RMAN script incremental level to 0 when the previous job failed in the archive index phase.
Note: The job controller shows the job as a full job even though it ran as an incremental job.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe, and click Properties.
- On the Properties dialog box click Advanced.
- On the Additional Settings tab of the Properties dialog box and click Add.
- In the Name field, type sDISABLE_INRC_LEVEL_UPDATE.
- In the Category box, select CommServe from the list.
- In the Type box, select String.
- In the Value box, specify whether the software updates the customized RMAN script
To allow the update, type N. To block the update, type Y.
- Click OK to close the Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Propertiesdialog box.