Modifying the Oracle Connect String
The Oracle Connect String is a user account with database administrator privileges you use to access the standard and recovery catalog databases.
Note: If you want to use a user account other than ‘sys’, you must grant the SYSDBA privilege to the user account.
The account information is provided as a connect string with the following information:
- The Oracle Database user ID
- The Password for the user ID
- The Oracle Service name
You can use separate accounts to access the standard database and the recovery catalog database. The recovery catalog database user account must have recovery catalog owner privileges.
By default, the user account for the standard database has administration privileges. If you want to use a different account, use the following table for the user account requirements to access the database:
|Account Type||The User Account Must Have:|
|Non-Administrator||Access to specific objects (as opposed to the admin account with the SELECT ANY TABLE privilege)
The Oracle database administrator can establish all other accounts except an Impersonate User
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance and then click Properties.
- On the Details tab of the Instance Properties dialog box, in the Connect String box enter the Oracle connect string credentials.
- Click OK to close the Instance Properties dialog box.