Configuring a Oracle Database Administrator Group
A CommCell administrator provides users with the required capabilities. These requirements vary, depending on the tasks each user performs. A CommCell administrator also controls the CommCell objects that a user can view, by assigning the user to a group.
A database administrator user must be in a group that has the permissions to perform backups and restores. For information on user group administration, see User Administration and Security - Getting Started.
Before You Begin
- Configure a CommCell User for each database administrator.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Security.
- Right-click the CommCell User Groups and select New User Group.
The New User Group Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab:
- In the Name box, enter the name of the new user account.
- In the Description box, enter a description of the group.
- Leave the other check boxes as the defaults.
- On the Capabilities tab:
- Select Agent Management, Data Protection/Management Operations, In Place Recover, and Out of Place Recover capabilities.
- Click the > button to move the selected capabilities to the Assigned Capabilities list box.
- On the Users tab, select the user that you created from Available Users list and move them to Member Users.
- On the Associated Entities tab, expand the Client Computers node, and select the client computers to associate to this user group.
- Click OK to close the New User Group Properties dialog box.