Setting the Oracle Subclient RMAN Performance Tuning Parameters
You can adjust RMAN performance tuning parameters to increase the efficiency of backup and restore jobs.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
- On the Backup Arguments tab of the Subclient Properties dialog box, click the Backup Arguments tab:
- Select the number of datafiles in each RMAN backup set, in the Data Files per BFS box, type the number of data files in the backup set.
- Select the number of archive files in each RMAN backup set, in the Archive Files per BFS box, type the number of archive files in the backup set.
- In the Backup Set Size section:
- Select the size of backup set allowed for RMAN backup set, select the MAX Backup Set Size option, and type the backup size in KB.
- If you use multsection RMAN backups on an Oracle 11G database, select the Section Size option, and type the data file section size.
- Select the number of datafiles that RMAN can simultaneously read during a backup operation, in the Max Open Files box, type the number of files.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.