Command Line Interface - Backup - Oracle RAC iDataAgent
Before You Begin
- By default, you can simultaneously run multiple database backup jobs on a client. If needed, you can also limit the number of database data and log backup jobs that can run simultaneously on a client. See Throttling Backup Jobs for details.
- Generate the Command Line Script from the CommCell Console.
- Run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Download the backup_template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- Open the backup_template.xml file, add your specific parameters, and save the file.
- On the command line, go to Software_Installation_Directory/Base and type the command.
qoperation execute -af backup_template.xml -appName 'Oracle RAC' -clientName 'client_name' -instanceName 'dbname' -subclientName 'subclient_name' -backupLevel 'backup_type'
- Verify the status of the job. On the command line type the command:
qlist job –j job_id
- Once the job completes, run the qlogout command to log off of the CommServe computer.
Performing a Full Backup
Performing an Incremental Backup
In addition to the parameter values provided in the template xml file, if you want to include additional options for the backup, you can do so by selecting the required options from the CommCell Console and generate the command line xml script for the backup.
Follow the steps given below to generate a script which you can use to perform a backup from the command line interface:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle RAC | <Instance> | defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the <Subclient> and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options dialog box, select the required backup options which you want to execute using the script and click Save as Script.
- On the Save as Script dialog box:
- Enter the location to save the script along with the file name and extension. For example, "C:\scripts\myscript.bat" on Windows and "/usr/scripts/myscript.sh" on Unix. Alternatively, you can also click Browse and navigate to the location.
- Enter the username and password for the user account which you want to use to perform the backup.
By default, the user account which you have used to login to CommCell console is used for performing the backup. However, if the user account does not have access to any application or database, click Use a different account.
- Click OK.
The script will be saved as a .xml file and .bat/.sh file.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and .bat/.sh files will be overwritten.
- Click OK.