SnapProtect – Backup – Oracle RAC
After you configure the Oracle RAC instance and subclient, you are ready to perform your first backup.
Perform a Backup
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle RAC > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options for Subclient dialog box, select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, select Immediate.
- Click OK to close the Backup Options dialog box
- The Oracle database files that include datafiles (*.dbf) and backup control files (*.ctl)
- The archived redo logs
- The parameter files (SP File)
- The block changes tracking file
Tip: Use the File System Agent to back up the components that are not included in an Oracle Agent backup.
Oracle application files associated with the Oracle installation.
You cannot perform an SnapProtect backup on individual pluggable databases (PDB).
Tip: An SnapProtect backup on the container database includes the pluggable databases.