Restore - OSSV Plug-In
New installations and upgrades are not supported in this release.
A new solution using NetApp Logical Replication will be available in a future service pack.
As restoring your backup data is very crucial, it is recommended that you perform a restore operation immediately after creating the OSSV volume on the destination to understand the process.
The following sections describe the steps for restoring the data of the OSSV volume to a different location.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client>.
Right-click the OSSV Plug-In Agent and click All Tasks | Browse.
- Right-click the snapshot you want to restore and then click Browse Files.
- Select the volume containing the data you want to restore in the left pane.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- Select the client computer that will start the restore process from the Execution Host drop-down list.
- Click Restore to a different location.
- Select the name of the client computer from the Destination Host drop-down list.
- Specify the destination path by clicking Browse.
A UNC path should not be used as the destination path. The OSSV Plug-In does not support UNC paths as restore destinations.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window.
Once the restore job has completed, right-click the OSSV Plug-In Agent and click View | OSSV Volume Recovery.
You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- View Job Details
- View Events of the restore job.
- View Log files of the restore job
- View Job Path
- Send Logs
- Resubmit Job
Verify that the restored files/folders of the volume are available in the restore destination specified during step 4.
Congratulations - You have successfully completed your first backup and restore.
If you want to further explore this Agent's features read the Advanced sections of this documentation.